Saturday, May 5, 2012

Altered Picture Frame ~ NSD with Shop Pumpkin Spice

Hi Everyone! Welcome to Luv Scrapping Together!

Shop Pumpkin Spice is celebrating National Scrapbooking Day with 3 challenges and a blog hop. This is challenge #3 of three.

To see my first challenge click ---> HERE.
For my second challenge click ---> HERE.

The details for all the challenges will be posted on the Pumpkin Spice Blog.

Challenge #3 is to make something other than a card or scrapbook page.

I altered and frame and even have a tutorial for you!


I just love it!

Here is what you need to get started:


You will need an 8x10 inch frame and your favorite designer paper. I am using Echo Park's Country Drive.  By using paper from one paper line it makes coordinating my patterns easy.


Step 1: Cut paper to 8x10 inches and adhere to 8x10 chipboard or frame backing. I chose to use chipboard.


Step 2: Cut coordinating cardstock to 10x9 1/2 inches. You will lay thins on your scoreboard with the 9 1/2 inches across the top. Score at 2 1/2, 4, 6 1/2, and 8 inches.


Step 3: Fold cardstock mountain and valley.


Step 4: Add sticky strip to create pockets.


Step 5: Add border strips to top of pockets and create a lattice with some Twinery Twine. I used The Twinery Baker's Twine in Peapod.

After you have completed this step you can adhere you pockets to your background.


Step 6: Cut coordinating strips of cardstock to dress up your frame. There is no size here because this all depends on the type of frame you are using. I used Mod Podge to adhere my strips.


This is what my frame looked like with the strips glued down. I did miter the corners using a craft knife.


Now it is time to put your backing in the frame. You may need to add your glass behind your backing. Because I used chipboard, I did not need to do this.  Here you can see tha I added some trim. This is the Sunday Picnic Trim from Webster's Pages. It is gorgeous trim!

The last thing I did was embellish my frame.


I used some stickers that came in the Echo Park Country Drive paper pack.


The flowers were cut out using my Cricut Expression and Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge. The buttons were from my stash. I also embellished a paper clip to add. There is plenty of room for more pictures and tags.

Here's one last look at the frame.


Make sure to head over to the PumpkinSpice Blog to check out everyone's projects and to get all the challenge details. You have until midnight, Sunday, May 6th to submit a project to win a prize. You can do one, two, or all three challenges! It's totally up to you.

Thanks for stopping today and for leaving such sweet comments!

Happy Crafting!! 













13 comments:

scrappinC said...

Simply adorable. I really love how you altered your frame and the black and white pictures are just perfect.
TFS!
Cindy Lou

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow I cant believe you did this frame. Its just fabulous. I love the papers, flowers and butters. Very Pretty TFS AJ~

DIANA L. said...

This is awesome you did such a super job on this I love all the attention to detail and the colors. I absolutely love it. TFS.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

jessica said...

I love this frame!! Thanks for sharing your tutorial and love love love the finished project!!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Saundra this frame is just cute as can be! I love that paper pack, super cute patterns. The details you added to your frame are just so much fun, love the twine, the trim and all those beautiful flowers!

June Houck said...

This is absolutely incredible, Saundra!!

Unknown said...

This frame is fantastic

I love it very much
Hugs

Hattie said...

This is lovely, I love the colors and flowers.

hattieshaven.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

This is awesome Saundra! I love the paper pack and sweet little details!! Beautiful frame!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Live Love and Scrap said...

This project is soooooo GORGEOUS!!! What a FABULOUS idea!!!! I cant get over your flowers and the fact that they are from Planti School Book!!! I am going to have to try and make some....they are just tooooo cute!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Tracy said...

This is beautiful!

RockinRenee said...

Love the country chic look your frame has! So pretty!

Renee @ icameisawicreated.blogspot.com

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So beautiful, Saundra! I love the papers! :)

- Mel