Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Just Bee-Cause ~ Craftin Desert Diva's Daily Post

Hi everyone, today is my day to post over on the Craftin Desert Diva's Blog!

Here is what I am sharing!

I am so ready for spring weather and the Lil Bit Buggie stamp set is perfect for some spring projects!


I saw the cute little bee cut file and knew I wanted to make her and the Lil Bit Buggie set had the perfect sentiment.


This little bee was a Freebie from Treasure Box Designs.

I paper-pieced her and added her to a background that I created using a Heidi Swap stencil and some embossing paste. I didn't have any yellow or honey colored paste so I just squished my Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks on my nonstick mat and added the paste. Once I mixed it and got somewhat the color I was looking for I was able to used it.

Once dried I splattered the background with some more of the Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey, as well as, some Vintage Photo ink. I then spritzed it with some Sparkle shimmer. It's hard to see in the pictures but it is there.


For my little bee's face I used PK-146 Piles of 1" Smiles from Peachy Keen Stamps. I added a bit of Glossy Accents for some shine and few freckles with my white gel pen.




Here is a look at the Lil Bit Buggie stamps set.


You can find this set in the Craftin Desert Diva's Shop!

There is inspiration daily over on the Craftin Desert Diva's blog. Be sure to check it out!

Thank you for visitng me today!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Saundra this is over the top adorable!! Love that background.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the little girl Bee Card, the design, paper and colors really compliment each other.

snappy scrappy said...

Too darn cute!

Sherrie K. said...

Saundra, how cute is this?! Really....I love the fun background and the little bumble bee girl is absolutely adorable!
Sherrie K

Kathy Salido said...

this is fabulous Saundra, love the background!!